Welcome to the Fluff! Here I blog my goals, especially my reading and studies, and my ongoing downscaling and using up of material stuff and working towards a more minimalist lifestyle.

Wednesday, 1 November 2017

Time to get back to goals!

Actually, to be 100% fair to myself, I have been still using the monthly goals page, just haven't been very successful in meeting many of them and have been lacking sufficient umph to post about them. I think I completed between 2 and 4 tasks most of the last few months. However, I'm feeling a bit more motivated now, so here are my 34 November goals:

Health
* Keep up food plan, aiming to lose 2.5 more pounds this month 
* Remedial Exercises (neck and feet) once or twice daily
* See doctor re foot problem and menopause
* Brisk walk most days 
* Start gentle tone up and flexibility exercises adding a little more every few days/week
* Begin the 'Relearning to See' programme

Domestic and Downscale

* Sort and complete the Go Bag
* Take charity shop stuff - textiles for ragging, perfumes, mags etc
* List all sales stuff on eBay - spare threads, mags, perfume, shoes, and offer some things on group
* Clean oven
* Clean fridge, inc de-icing freezer box.
* Sort out the book boxes - reduce from 3 to 2 (or even 1!), list certain books on Amazon and give others away
* Make pickles
* Finish 2 more lippies
* Finish 2 body lotion/oils 
* Scan selected workbook sections etc

Reading and Study

* Continue NRSV Bible from Ezekiel 33 (aim to Micah)
* Read Chinese NWT to 2 Thessalonians 
* Make serious headway reading 'Relearning to See'
* Catch up kr book study     
* Vocab transfer from WTs   
* Finish 'Modern Chinese Beginners Course Vol 3', inc vocab    
* Start 'Spoken Chinese 2', aim to complete 3/4, inc vocab
* Finish 'Teach Yourself German', inc vocab 
* Finish Discovering Science Book 3    
* Complete EdX 'Intro to Health & Wellness' course 
* Complete week 3 of EdX 'Macronutrients and Overnutrition' course 
* Start EdX 'Chemistry of Life' course

Creative

* Get restarted on 'Paradise Island' cross stitch
* Make 7 lavender pillows 
* Knit my chunky jumper
* Start Sir's chunky jumper
* Practice sewing straight on the machine
* Finish black/rose print t-shirt

Updates appear most days on the Current Month page, as linked to above, if anyone's at all interested!!

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2017

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sometimes it's possible to do things but the writing them up is a step too far - I sympathise, believe me!