Welcome to Towards Simplicity. I blog my goals, especially my reading and studies, and my ongoing downscaling and using up of material stuff and working towards a more minimalist lifestyle.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017

March Goals List

Here's the list for March.  I decided to drop the 'Physical' category for the month and see how I get on keeping up to it without the accountability element.....  I plan to keep to only buying sweets a maximum of twice per month, keeping oil/fat content of foods low, increasing proportion of raw food, doing my remedial and some stretching exercises and, once the current bout of post-viral and hormonal fatigue has passed, getting back into graded walking most days.

I lost a  lot of time to illness last month and am starting this one a bit under par, but I'm not dead yet, so onwards and upwards! ☺ Regular updates in the usual place.

Number of goals for the month:  25

Domestic
* Take care of neglected recycling - boxes at mum's and water filter cartridges - end month with recycling as up to date as reasonably possible
* Finish the Go Bag overhaul - DO these two this month!
* Give bathroom window a thorough cleaning
* Check over everywhere for 'clutter creep' and get some charity (or rag) bags/sales going as needed

Reading and Study
* NRSV Bible Psalms
* Finish 'Getting Along With the Chinese'
* Read 'Relearning to See'
* Re-start 'Daniel' book study - chs 9 & 10
* Study 'Discovering Science Book 3' to section 12 (from 7)
* Complete DS3   I've put this as a separate goal so that I can at least claim one completion for making a decent amount of progress
* Complete 'Modern Chinese Beginners Course' vol 3 (ch 59-75)
* 'Fun With Chinese Characters Vol 1' No.s 13 - 35 (approx one per study hour day)
* 'Beijing's Courtyards' reader, chs 1 - 4 (Sunday study hour instead of MCBC3)
* Chinese vocab transfer from recent study material
* Finish 'Teach Yourself German' (chs 17b, 18 and supplement)
* Re-start 'German in Three Months' (from ch 7)

Creative
* Work on 'Paradise Island cross stitch - work towards completion, at least 85%
* Start winter design project - some artwork and charting the cross stitch design(s)
* Work another freestyle piece, either another Trish Burr small thread painting or that meadow scene from the Sue Newhouse book.  TBC.  I may even go mad and do both??  Doubtful....
* Finish knitting pink scarf
* Knit white preemie baby jacket  
* Embroider and add buttons to cream and blue baby knits
* Get to grips with sizing for my own cable jumper and make good progress with it
* Make kids' picture books out of magazine picture collection

Business
* Make good use of the 'business hour (10:30-11:30 Mn-Fr) to develop ideas, do research, start writing, whatever - just DO it!

I'm feeling good about this list and I think it looks very do-able.  Just have to keep an eye on my health and remember to be modest - to live within my limits and stop forgetting about them when I'm feeling relatively normal.  This will be the hardest bit.... ☺

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2017

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I hope it is a good month. A swift recovery, and some reeling in of goals!