Welcome to the Fluff! Here I blog my goals, especially my reading and studies, and my ongoing downscaling and using up of material stuff and working towards a more minimalist lifestyle.

Sunday, 1 January 2017

January 2017 Goals

Wow! Another year beginning and time for a whole new annual goals list and a month-long one taken partly from the whole year one and partly other stuff that I want/need to get done soon.  I'm also including health (and even beauty!) related stuff this time.

Here we go:

Digital
* Overhaul Sew in Love blog - new colour scheme etc and a new header and 'logo' photo/banners
* Ditto this blog, complete with name change across all linked social media
* Remove all the junk code from the 'By Age 50' page
* Blog all recent textile projects for scheduled posting

Domestic
* Take care of neglected recycling - boxes at mum's and water filter cartridges - end month with no extra recycling on hand
* Clean the oven

Physical
* Renew medical card
* Go to GP re podiatry referral etc
* Finish organising the Go bag
* Morning exercises on 25 days
* Evening exercises on 25 days
* Go to bed at 9pm 22 days
* Wear eye-shadow on at least 15 days.
* Don't buy any sweets. (This is a little bit of a cheat as I'll be eating some at mum's, but if I don't buy any for myself, it keeps it down a bit!!)

Reading and Study
* Study 'Imitate' book ch 12
* NRSV Bible to end of 2 Chronicles (from 1 Chron 6)
* Finish reading 'Color'
* Finish reading/working 'Language Change'
* Finish final re-reading of 'Learn Any Language'
* Study Discovering Science book 3 to section 10
* Work corresponding sections of GCSE revision guides (and matching workbooks) as I meet the topics:
Physics p20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25a, 26, 27, 58, 59
Chemistry p41, 42, 43, 44, 46
(Because a lot of this is new and I'm finding it rather hard going...)
* Read through 'Modern Chinese Beginners Course' vols 1&2
* Start 'Modern Chinese Beginners Course' vol 3
* Chinese vocab transfer from pile of mags
* Finally finish 'Teach Yourself German'

Creative
* Finish violet thread painting
* Work on 'Paradise Island cross stitch - finish trees and sky areas
* Get pink skirt altered and make a piece of decorated textile with the off- cut to make book covers etc from.
* Start winter design project.

Progress is being recorded on the 'Current Month' page and I'll post a summary at the end of the month as usual.

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2017

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am looking forward to seeing the "decorated textile"...