Welcome to Towards Simplicity. I blog my goals, especially my reading and studies, and my ongoing downscaling and using up of material stuff and working towards a more minimalist lifestyle.

Thursday, 5 February 2015

30 Days of Blogging Challenge - Day 15 - Where will you be in 5 years?

Where will I be in 5 years' time?  You tell me and we'll both know!

I suppose the question should have been, 'Where would you like to be in 5 years' time?' or something like that.  Well, geographically I suppose we'll be in Stuttgart, Germany in 2020.  I'm expecting to leave Sheffield this summer and spend the next year or two in Leeds, then possibly another year or two in Leicester, then over to jolly old Germany.

If the question is meant to be more where one wants to be in terms of personal development etc, I can say that I hope I will be quite strong and healthy (and not just in comparison to my poor ol' mum!), that I will be speaking several languages more competently than I do now, that I will own far less stuff, have a collection of clothes that I actually like, (instead of just wearing what there is) and stuff like that.  I hope to be in a position physically and financially to travel more too.

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2015

2 comments:

Glenis Pickering said...

If the system lasts that long... :-)
When the library bought it's new system (1999) we set it up with 31/12/2020 as any date in lieu of "infinity" - it seemed so far away at that time!

Rachel said...

I've given up trying to make predictions. The one thing I can be sure of is that life doesn't match the predictions!