Welcome to the Fluff! Here I blog my goals, especially my reading and studies, and my ongoing downscaling and using up of material stuff and working towards a more minimalist lifestyle.

Sunday, 18 January 2015

30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 1 - My blog's name


I found this via a newly discovered blog, The Vegan Taff.  She and several others did this during June of last year, but I'm going to have a go at doing it myself starting right now.=)  Some of the topics are going to be tough as I actually can't remember or think of anything, but I'll see if I can at least make the series interesting to read.

The first topic is my blog's name.  Well, I've done this one before, but here goes:

I'm rather keen on much of the Chalet School series and, in book 11 (or 12, depending on whether you count in paperback or hardback titles), the main character, Joey Bettany, then Head Girl dismisses the new house matron as a 'fluffy little idiot'.  Not that I consider myself to be a complete muppet like that woman was meant to be, but I often think that people misunderstand my enthusiasms as empty-headedness etc.  I'm rather used to being underestimated and thought of as a bit of an airhead by some, so I jokingly named my blog 'Fluffy Little Idiot' as a tribute to the thoughts behind 'that look' on people's faces!!!

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2015

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I thought I recognised the phrase! I passed my Chalet School books on for some other girl to enjoy, or I'd be rummaging through my shelves right now!