Welcome to Towards Simplicity. I blog my goals, especially my reading and studies, and my ongoing downscaling and using up of material stuff and working towards a more minimalist lifestyle.

Saturday, 16 February 2013

HOW good is it to be a vegetarian??

I've just been looking at some of the news items on the current horse meat 'scare'.  Horse DNA has been found in products sold as beef and it's creating quite a stir in the UK!  Of course, it's rather a 'speciesist' debate.  One animal is OK to eat, but another isn't.  If one eats a cow, why not a horse?  What's the difference, apart from culture and habit?  Why is eating one herbivorous creature more acceptable then eating another?

It's just SO good to be vegetarian and never have to worry about either unsavoury flesh or making a distinction between one species and another.=)

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2013

No comments: